Saturday, January 7, 2017

My 10 Most Anticipated Continuations of 2017

These are not in any particular order. These are just 10 of MY most anticipated books to be released in 2017. There are many more I am looking forward to during the year, but these are sequels and continuations of series, or authors that I have read and loved, and can’t wait to read more of. There are so many continuations to series coming out and many more conclusions to a series as well. But that’s enough of me blabbering on; let’s get on with the list!

·         *Untitled (Throne of Glass #6)  9/17
I am sad that this series is coming to an end, or at least for Celaena’s story to end. I have been reading this series since back when book two, Crown of Midnight, was released, and have been obsessed with this series, its world and its characters that Sarah has created. After reading Throne of Glass I was completely hooked and have eagerly waited for each installment to be released, and waiting for this last one is just torture!

·         A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)  5/17
Another book series of Sarah’s that is concluding in 2017. However, there is to be SIX books set in this world, and Sarah herself has stated that this is just the end of ONE storyline and that the next three are focused on different characters in this same world. But still, I don’t want Feyre’s story to end! Another torturous wait for us devoted fans!
 Image result for a court of wings and ruin

·         The Song Rising (The Bone Season #3)  3/17
At least this book isn’t a conclusion, but it is a long awaited sequel to a series that I had only recently discovered and devoured. It’s been a long wait for this third book – 2 year apparently – but I only got into it back in November last year and only have to wait until March for this third book. And the best part about this series is that there are going to be SEVEN books!
 Image result for song rising

·         Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands #2)  3/17
I read Rebel of the Sands last year and loved everything about it! But what I loved most was the vivid world building. Imagine run down Western towns and weapons, mixed in with Arabian cities and magic, and Voilà! You have the Rebel of the Sands world! This book was a huge surprise for me in 2016.
 Image result for traitor to the throne
P.S. I am not a fan of this cover change 😒

·         The Dark Calling (The Arcana Chronicles #6)  2017
Another conclusion to another great series. I have followed a long with this story for years, and was afraid for a time that it wouldn’t continue. But it did and now we are at the last book. At least – fingers crossed – everything and everyone will finally have closure, and no more of those heartbreaking cliffhangers!
 Book 6

·         Breath of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles #2)  1/17
I read A Promise of Fire back in *August 2016, and completely fell in love with it! It was a great fantasy read packed with adventure, magic, laughter and romantic tension. And after finishing that first book, I hopped online and pre-ordered book two straight away, it should actually be arriving at my home fairly soon!
 Image result for breath of fire amanda bouchet

·         The Hunt (Devil’s Isle #3)  9/17
Another book series I started reading last year and was hooked. But it was no surprise that I would love it, as I am a huge fan of another of the author’s series…
 thehunt

·         Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires #13)  4/17
I love Chloe’s writing; it’s always hilarious and witty. I’ve been reading this series for a long, long, long, LONG time; pretty much all the way back when it first started. This is the last book of Merit and Ethan’s story, but the series is apparently not over. There is to be a kind of spin-off series, set in the same world and city, involving some of the same characters, just not a Merit and Ethan story. I honestly don’t care; it’s by Chloe so I’ll read it!
 Blade Bound

·         *Untitled (Guild Hunter #9)  2017
This series is like my guilty pleasure. So much action and chaos, sexy time and sexy characters, what more could you want? This just feeds my obsessive appetite. I literally DEVOUR these installments.

·         King’s Cage (Red Queen #3)  2/17
To be honest, I was not a huge fan of Red Queen. When Glass Sword came out I was contemplating not even reading it, but of course I did and I’m glad of it! Glass Sword was a HUGE improvement from Red Queen. I was shocked by how much I enjoyed it, and with how it ended. I just really need the last book, it’s killing me!
 Image result for kings cage cover

Well, that’s the end of my most anticipated releases of continuing series in 2017. I’ll make a list of my most anticipated NEW releases of 2017 soon, because there are some I’m looking forward too! But I do hope you enjoyed my list!
What are your most anticipated 2017 releases? If you have any, or have made a post, just let me know down below in the comments. I’d love to see what everyone else’s is!


No comments:

Post a Comment