Sunday, January 15, 2017

My 10 Most Anticipated New Releases of 2017

There are a lot of new releases coming in 2017, by both known and debut authors. This list is just a few of the books that I am mostly excited about for this year. I’ve previously done a post on ‘My 10 Most Anticipated Continuations of 2017’, which contains all the new installments to series that are continuing or are ending in 2017 - so go check that post!

I am sure there will be more books coming out during the year that aren’t on this list that I’ll be excited about, but as of right now these are the ones I’m currently anticipating.

Image result for strange the dreamer
·         Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor   3/17
This peaks my interest! I’ve never read anything by Laini Taylor, but I do own all of her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. Hopefully 2017 is the year where I finally read something by this author.

29385546
·         Warcross by Marie Lu   10/17
This sounds like such a cool concept! An online game, bounty hunting and tournaments! Sounds very anime inspired… I’m down for it!

 Image result for frostblood elly blake
·         Frostblood by Elly Blake   1/17
I’m probably biased with this one as I’ve already read it, but it was initially on my most anticipated reads list for 2017 before I had read it - and it sure did not disappoint!

Image result for empress of a thousand skies rhoda belleza 
·         Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza   2/17
The summary for this one is marginally vague but I’m intrigued. And it’s sci-fi, which I really want to read more of.

Image result for roar by cora carmack 
·         Roar by Cora Carmack   6/17
This one I have had my eye on since I first saw its cover months ago and it sounds like something I’d really enjoy. I simply just need it!

Image result for the valiant by lesley livingston 
·         The Valiant by Lesley Livingston   2/17
A female protagonist who is the daughter to a Celtic king, a school training females to become gladiators, and a historical figure thrown into the mix? I’m sold!

Image result for the freemasons daughter 
·         The Freemason’s Daughter by Shelley Sackier   4/17
This one is being marketed as ‘Outlander for young adults’. I’m not too sure about the ‘Outlander’ comparison but the summary does sound good.

·         *Untitled by Sara Raasch (Stream Raiders #1)   Late 2017
I have yet to read Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch, but I do love the first two books in that series. I don’t think I have read a book yet that is set during the time of the Spanish inquisition. I do like history and would like to read more books set in the past. But honesty, what really piqued my interest for this one was that it sounds like an epic pirate adventure.

Image result for royal bastards by andrew shvarts 
·         Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts   6/17
This is another new release that I had stumbled upon recently. The synopsis for this one sound so good! A gang of royals and bastards thrown together after being  witness to something they weren’t meant to see and having to runaway to save their lives. OH, YES PLEASE!

Image result for the alchemists of loom 
·         The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova   1/17
Another author I have not yet read anything by but hope to one day. This book sounds like a fantastical fantasy, with a dash of steampunk tossed in. I can’t resist, just look at that cover!

I may not get around to reading ALL of these when they are released or even in 2017, but one can still hope.

Is there any books that are or aren’t on this list that you’re also excited for?


No comments:

Post a Comment